The following Legal Notices apply to your use of all websites, mobile applications, and other products and services owned, controlled, operated or hosted (whether now or in the future) by JibJab Media Inc. dba JibJab Bros. Studios and/or its corporate affiliates, including but not limited to JibJab.com, StoryBots.com, HelloSanta.com, getgomoji.com, getslickerstickers.com, and all related applications and services (collectively the “JibJab Sites”).
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICE
Copyright © 1999-2016 JibJab Bros. Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Product names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases used on any JibJab Bros. Studios products or services, including without limitation, JIBJAB, JOKEBOX, POSTABLES, SENDABLES, STARRING YOU, StoryBots, Beep & Boop, GOMOJI, SLICKER STICKERS, and the JibJab logo, are owned by JibJab Bros. Studios, its licensors, or other entities. Such trademarks, service marks and trade names may be registered in the United States and internationally.
Any use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
“JibJab Content” means any and all Content (excluding User Materials) made available on the JibJab Sites and/or through the JibJab Services, including Content owned or controlled by JibJab and/or its corporate affiliates, as well as Content licensed or otherwise provided to JibJab by third parties for use, deployment, display, performance and/or distribution via the JibJab Sites.
"User Materials" means Content which Users upload, submit, distribute or otherwise make available via the JibJab Sites and/or through the JibJab Services, but excluding any and all JibJab Content.
JibJab Bros. Studios respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects all Users to do the same. For claims of copyright infringement relating to JibJab Content and/or User Materials, JibJab Bros. Studios will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2).
Pursuant to the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3), written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted via U.S. registered mail to our Designated Agent as follows:
JibJab Bros. Studios
Attn: Ranjan Asrani
13428 Maxella Ave #363
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Counter-Notification to Claimed Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA, if a claim of copyright infringement has been asserted against you, you may elect to make a counter-notification with the Designated Agent identified above. Such counter-notification must contain the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the federal district in which you are located (or Los Angeles County, State of California, if you reside outside of the U.S.), and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the notice of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
If JibJab Bros. Studios receives a valid counter-notification, it may reinstate the removed or disabled material in accordance with Section 512(g)(2) of the DMCA.
Liability for Misrepresentation under the DMCA
Please note that, under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents
- that material or activity is infringing, or
- that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification
will be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of the service provider relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material or activity infringes your or others’ copyrights, please consult with a copyright attorney first.
For any Users who JibJab determines, in its sole discretion, are repeat infringers of third-party intellectual property rights, JibJab will terminate their accounts and/or memberships, as the case may be, and prohibit them from creating new accounts with JibJab.
PixFusion LLC has granted JibJab Bros. Studios a license to U.S. Patent Nos. 6,351,265 and 5,623,587.
STORYBOTS CLASSROOM ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We also offer the StoryBots Classroom platform (the “Platform”) to teachers and parents. The purpose of the Platform is to provide teachers with a suite of digital tools and educational activities that help make learning fun for Pre-K and Kindergarten students. If you are a teacher or a parent and are using the Platform, you are also agreeing to the following terms:
For teachers and parents:
- You represent and warrant that: (i) your registration is voluntary and consensual and; (ii) all personal information you submit to us is truthful, current and accurate;
- Eligibility. To be eligible to join our educator network and create an account through the Platform, you must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the United States or Canada. In addition, you must be an active Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher employed by either a private or public school located in the United States or Canada.
- Class Roster Guidelines. When you register and create a class roster of your participating students on the Platform, please abide by the following guidelines:
(1)You must truthfully register with your full name, email, and country/state of residence;(2)You must only add students to the class roster who are actively enrolled in the Pre-K or Kindergarten class that you personally teach or supervise; and(3)If you choose to send digital or physical invitations to the parents of the students in your class roster, you must ensure that such invitations are going to the correct email or physical address.
- Conditions. By creating a classroom on the Platform:
(1)You expressly authorize and consent to (i) JibJab’s use and retention of your name, likeness, and biographical information as provided by you and (ii) JibJab’s use and retention of your students’ name, likeness, and biographical information as provided by you for operational purposes associated with the Platform, for as long as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (except where restricted by applicable law);
- Conditions. By accepting a teacher’s invitation to the Platform:
(2)You expressly authorize and consent to (i) JibJab’s use and retention of your name, email, and biographical information as provided by you and (ii) JibJab’s use and retention of your child’s name, likeness, and biographical information as provided by you for operational purposes associated with the Platform, for as long as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (except where restricted by applicable law);